In the last year, the Parse team has been incredibly excited to see our developer community grow at a tremendous rate. Not only has our community itself grown, but Parse developers have built some of the most celebrated and successful apps of 2014.
We’re happy to share the accomplishments of these apps—many of them earning spots on awards lists, top charts, and more. In fact, 10% of Google’s top Android Apps of 2014 and 10% of Apple’s top iOS Apps of 2014 use Parse. Starting today, you can view a wide variety of these apps on our brand new Customers page. Check them out, and get inspired!
Here are a few of our favorite Parse apps of 2014:
- 80 Days incorporates adventure and exploration for a thrilling gaming experience. It has been named Time’s #1 Game of the Year and one of Apple’s Top Apps of 2014 (Europe)
- Replay, a video editor for Instagram, has reached over 4 million users creating photo and video experiences every day (Europe)
- Dubsmash is topping the charts in multiple countries with its addictively viral communication app. Users can choose a famous quote, record a video on it, and share the video with friends (Europe)
- Mileage tracking has never been easier with MileIQ, the top grossing finance app in the App Store (Americas)
- Named winner of the Knight News Challenge from the Knight Foundation, Watchup is one of Google’s Best Android Apps of 2014. Users can choose the newscasts that matter the most to them, creating a unique video newsreel from international, local, and national channels (Americas)
- With over 5 million members, Craftsy brings its online courses straight to mobile with iPhone and Android apps. Named one of Google’s Best Android Apps of 2014, hundreds of classes across categories like Sewing & Quilting, Cake & Cooking, and more (Americas)
- KLab’s Crystal Fantasia app crushed the charts within days of landing in app stores. A wildly popular RPG game, Crystal Fantasia soared to Japan’s top 5 downloaded apps within 5 days of launch (Asia Pacific)
- Myntra is India’s largest online fashion and lifestyle store, offering over 1000 brands and 1,000,000 product styles (Asia Pacific)
- Mixi, the highly popular social networking site in Japan, has branched out its ways of connecting people with Nohana—a photobook creation app powered by Parse. Over 100,000 photobooks have been published to date, and users have uploaded over 4 million photos (Asia Pacific)
We hope you enjoy the many fun experiences and essential services that Parse apps around the world have to offer. And, to our community—we are continually blown away by the great apps you build every day. Here’s to another creative and wild year ahead!