December 1st, 2014
Parsing All Over the Globe
My cofounders and I started Parse in 2011 to solve our own problems. We were frustrated with all the repetitive work needed to build great cross platform mobile apps. Our first customers were our friends who also built apps and they mostly lived near us in San Francisco. Over time, we started attracting more customers that weren't just our friends — first in Silicon Valley and soon throughout North America. Today, over 500,000 apps have been created on Parse, and hundreds of thousands of our developers hail from outside of the United States. Our team is incredibly honored that so many developers across the globe have trusted Parse with their businesses and apps. Here are some cool stats about our global presence:
- Active apps in Asia grew nearly 90% in the first half of 2014.
- Apps in APAC that use all three Parse products—Parse Core, Parse Push, and Parse Analytics—grew by more than 90% in the first half of 2014.
- 6 of Parse's 15 largest countries (by number of active apps) are in Asia: India, Japan, Australia, China, Taiwan, Korea.
We are extremely excited about how much our community has grown since 2011. As that growth continues to accelerate, today I'm pleased to share the efforts we have made to make Parse even more friendly to our international community:
- Localizing our content — We have localized our technical documentation and customer success stories into Chinese ( Simplified & Traditional ), Japanese, Korean and Russian.
- Creating a truly global team — When we joined Facebook, our entire team moved from San Francisco to Menlo Park in California. Since then, we've expanded our horizons quite a bit. We're now a global team with dedicated folks in London, Dublin, Paris, and Singapore. And we're excited to continue expanding wherever mobile developers need help!
We hope you're as excited as we are about these announcements and we appreciate you being part of our global community.
- Ilya Sukhar, Parse Founder and CEO